Software Business Analyst – 100% Remote Working
This is an opportunity to join a growing SaaS start-up who are disrupting their exciting industry sector. In order to sustain this accelerated growth period, the business requires a core of exceptional talent.
This pivotal role is a combination / hybrid role of business analysis and quality assurance expertise ensuring the product meets business objectives and user expectations. You will help the business refine the product roadmap, write better stories, bring clarity to business requirements, and carry out a plan to comprehensively test the application.
You will help my clients team ensure their product meets customers defined and validated business needs within stated commercial, quality and time constraints.
No day will be the same and you will be motivated by scoping and shipping a high-quality product to their growing pool of customers.
• Gather, analyse, interpret, and document business requirements using Agile methods.
• Work with architects, developers and other stakeholders to find realistic solutions to business requirements, considering budgets, timescales and costs.
• Responsible for creating user stories with the delivery team, developers & client ensuring all have a clear, shared view of the feature.
• Form the functional specification from which the new feature will be developed and transform business requirements into technical requirements.
• Help create prototypes and where necessary, produce wireframes to assist with the development of software solutions.
• Participate in project sprint planning and collaborate with the product delivery team.
• Support product management, managing issues and re-planning based on approved change requests.
• Facilitate forums with user groups to ensure product roadmaps evolve to meet the changing needs of the industry.
Quality Assurance Testing
• You will be involved early in the process via User Stories – that can help drive Automated User / Test Acceptance Criteria.
• You will increase the frequency of feedback, reliability and therefore increase product quality and team delivery efficiency.
• Support the adoption and development of appropriate testing practices including automated smoke testing, manual sanity testing, performance and security testing.
• Support user acceptance testing to ensure business systems are robust and meet the business needs.
Agile Process Improvement
• You will relish challenges, helping drive improvement in team productivity, agile processes and build methods to increase efficiency.
• Verifying the requirements of features to meet expectations.
• Strong experience of working with cloud-based software solutions that solve complex business problems.
• Good understanding of lean / agile working processes (Scrum / Kanban) – and ability to identify improvements.
• Experience of using cloud-based Requirement Management Tools such as Azure, DevOps, Jira, etc
• Must be adaptable given the current size of the team.
• Possess a proactive drive and enthusiasm to help define and enhance the development process.
• Experience of QA & Testing methodologies and tooling across Test Analyst and Test Automation.
• Experience of using testing software such as Cypress / Testrail / Postman or other similar tools.
• Experience of ITIL processes and standards.
• Facilities Management experience
Although this role is a remote position, we will be embracing more collaborative face-to-face sessions through regular meetups.
Travel may be required to meet with the team for training or planning activities. Travel and accommodation costs will be paid for by the company.
• £35k - £45k salary dependent upon experience
• Additional £300 health and wellbeing stipend (used towards gym subscriptions, fitness classes and other activities that make you feel better)
• £600 professional development stipend (used for online courses, books, events, etc)
• 25 days paid annual leave + public holidays
• Career development and progression directly linked to your performance
Interested? Please click the apply button below, and include your CV.
Edison Hill Search are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. Edison Hill Search are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.