Edison Hill are engaged by our City of London based Tech Start-up who are in the business of designing, architecting, developing and operating High-Performance (HPC) computing systems.
Their technology facilitates the use of high powered Machine Learning, Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence.
They require a “hands-on” CTO, a seasoned technologist with a deep passion for innovation and new perspectives from diverse technology backgrounds and areas, including, but not limited to, software engineering, artificial intelligence, software defined infrastructure, distributed systems, cloud-native computing, large-scale data processing, wireless communications, security, etc.
You will join a team of seasoned technologists chartered with:
• Developing the company’s technology roadmap and target architecture to advance the vision of their platform, with a special focus on Software-Hardware Integration.
• Driving next-generation technology development & innovation to guide decisions on new investments and service offerings; and
• Delivering industry thought leadership, with a focus on building a closer engagement with the developer community, key manufacturers and industry bodies.
You should be proficient in Rust and familiar with writing low and high-level code, a functional style of programming, and have a strong knowledge of computer science. Familiarity with Ethereum, Bitcoin, and other cryptocurrencies would be a plus.
- Ideally from a computer software engineering background, you and your team will be involved in the development of low-level software including firmware, operating systems, middleware, and end-user applications. You will also be responsible for researching, designing, developing, and testing computer software and hardware.
- Provide in-depth technical expertise and senior thought leadership in identifying and evaluating next-generation technologies that will elevate the capabilities of our platform.
- Initiate and/or drive technology innovation and development initiatives for the above, including proof-of-concept projects, with tangible outcomes that will help guide new technology investments and implementation decisions.
- Establish architecture design principles in respective technology domains of expertise.
- Contribute to the evolution of our technology stack, including the development of a technology vision and roadmap, in respective areas of expertise.
- Help identify technical debt and drive continual improvement by partnering with stakeholder organizations.
- Serve as a visible technology thought leader in the industry through various engagements focused on articulating the technology vision and unique value proposition of our Platform, including in interactions with customers, partners, forums, analysts and investment community.
• A Master of Science degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field. A Ph.D. degree is preferred.
• 20+ years’ experience is preferred, with 12+ years of relevant software technology and architecture leadership experience in at least one technology domain across the software infrastructure stack.
• In-depth expertise and experience with software-defined, cloud-native technologies and/or open infrastructure technologies and ecosystems.
• Track record of delivering technology and architecture deliverables implemented in large-scale deployments. Examples include: significant experience in architecture, software engineering, DevOps, security, tooling & products, significant contributions to relevant industry consortiums, etc.
• Deep technical understanding of hybrid, multi-cloud architectures (engineering/operations experience a bonus).
• Excellent writing and verbal communications skills from engineering to executive.
• Excellent collaboration and people skills.
Salary - £100,000 - £130,000 + bonus.
In the first instance please apply to request a full job description, including your CV and any relevant supporting documentation.
For your peace of mind, all initial interviews will be conducted remotely over the phone and video.
Edison Hill Search are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. Edison Hill Search are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.