Based on site in Kuala Lumpa, Malaysia, my clients are looking for a Technology leader/Head of Engineering who can help the engineering teams (circa 20 headcount) achieve technical, operational, and business objectives. Guiding architecture and delivery of software products you'll solve complex challenges, delivering their great consumer software products focused on an incredible customer experience. Their belief is that companies are made of people, not code and strategies; everyone must understand goals and feel accountable for them, contribution must be recognised and valued.
A quick summary of the stack:
• Go: most of the backend services are built with this reliable, efficient language
• Lua: used it for chatbot-related flexible business logic that would be too cumbersome to write in a “heavier” language • PostgreSQL: core transactional (ACID) database
• Redis: not just for caching, it’s also great for real-time analytics and processing
• TypeScript + Vue: for front end applicative code
• Presto SQL engine: for more advanced OLAP needs
• Create project plans and define commitments for your teams, then deliver consistently against those commitments
• Hire world-class engineers, and retain them
• Coach your team members, growing their capabilities and careers
• Participate in architecture and technology choices that enable an amazing customer experience
• Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards, and create functional and engaging features that delight customers
• Collaborate with business and product teams to translate requirement and vision into features
• Own software development policies and controls, ensuring data security and compliance
• Documentation, documentation, documentation.
• 8+ years of managing and leading engineering teams
• Proven history of getting things done in a complex environment
• Track record of hiring and retaining highly productive software engineering teams
• Ability to prioritise and manage multiple, time-sensitive initiatives
• Strong engineering skills in architecture, testing, monitoring, operations, and deployment
• Strong understanding of cloud products and architecture
• Experience working in an agile software development environment
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Strong organisational, communication, presentation and writing skills
• Outstanding analytical skills and attention to detail
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves, do whatever it takes to help your team win
Interested? In the first instance please apply below. If you can include a CV, please ensure it highlights examples of your great work achievements.
Edison Hill Limited are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. Edison Hill Limited are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE JOB REFERENCE NUMBER APPEARS IN THE SUBJECT BOX.