Our clients our global leaders in delivering cutting-edge software solutions to the Investment Banking and Capital Markets sector with locations in the US, UK, mainland Europe, Asia and Australasia.
Due to continual growth plans they have engaged Edison Hill Search to locate a Head of Development for their buyside business to be based from their UK HQ in The City of London.
The role will be responsible for all Development functions for Buyside development. This role will need to lead and inspire success within the development department driving technology innovation, process innovation and operational excellence across the software lifecycle. The role should unify the understanding and delivery of the individual product lines and drive out siloed behaviours working closely with the Head of DevOps to ensure regularly and quality software releases for a hosted platform.
Through a hands-on approach the role holder must ensure a high quality and measurable development success in the form of client value.
This includes responsibility for:
• Providing strong leadership and day to day management of the Development Department
• Working in partnership with the product organisation to give deliver roadmaps and product on time every time to those roadmaps.
• Proactively identifying development shortfalls, risks and issues and addressing them.
• Drive for technical excellence in all areas, including but not limited to technical delivery, source code cleanness and quality measurement
• Leads the strategic design and implementation of the SDLC process and associated infrastructure, encompassing analysis, planning, design, build, test, documentation, release and ongoing support; ensures security and compliance are integrated throughout.
• Lead by example and call out good and bad practice in the teams
• Sets and enforces overall Development policy
• Embrace and promote agile SLDC practices and techniques.
• Drive new R&D and technology adoption within the department
• Driving change initiatives and adopting a continuous improvement approach
• Motivates staff and maintains high levels of staff retention
• Proactive style, showing a willingness to take responsibility and ability to resolve issues without formal authority
• Define over time measurable key performance indicators around client value and quality delivery.
• Ensure department is equipped for out of hours support calls.
• Background in software support, gained with a software product company or a software house or broker
• Evidence of effective external communication that is concise and accurate
• Evidence of strong team management and development
• Evidence of ability to implement strategic change
• Experience in structured analysis or financial markets, preferably with asset management knowledge
• Experience of supporting software in a "SaaS" model
• Experience of directly supporting asset management systems
• Ability to think, operate and deliver at a strategic level
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
• Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with customers
• Ability to understand & explain complex technical issues
• Evidence of the ability to lead a team
• Technical support background
• Business support background
• Hardware and network knowledge
• Experience of managing business critical incidents
• A strong communicator, both verbally and in writing with the confidence to originate material without a template to follow where necessary
• A keen listener who does not accept things at face value but is willing to challenge and question and a good sense of when a requirement is solid enough to act upon it.
• Self-motivated with a "can-do" attitude and a passion for customer happiness
• Can coach and teach individuals
• Innovative and optimistic individual who inspires and encourages creativity in others
• Assertive and pragmatic, seeking win-win situations but also accepting compromises when necessary
• Weighs up situations carefully, making decisions with stakeholder interests in mind
• Diligent and conscientious, with attention to detail
• Interest in Financial Markets
• Interest in understanding software development practices necessary to produce high quality software
As you would expect with a Banking Sector Tech Leader appointment, this position comes with an excellent basic salary, bonus and benefits.
In the first instance please apply below. One of the team will be in touch to schedule a confidential initial chat.
Edison Hill Search are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. Edison Hill Limited are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.