Our clients are a leading multi-channel consumer media company which is home to some of the UK’s most popular brands.
They have engaged Edison Hill to locate a talented and visionary Head of Technology to lead the technology team supporting the publishing business and to drive its technology operation and strategy.
The focus of the role is to ensure the functionality; reliability and cost effectiveness of the systems that underpin the publishing operation fully meet the needs of the business now and in the future.
This will involve contributing to product development initiatives, technology strategy and implementation. Additionally, the role, as part of the leadership team, requires strategic business thinking beyond technology.
This is a big opportunity to drive and lead the technology strategy and future digital vision for the publishing business.
The position requires a unique combination of start-up-like resourcefulness, top-flight commercial expertise and seasoned technical experience coupled with media/digital expertise.
Key Deliverables of the Head of Technology Role:
- Lead the design and architecture of new products related to the print assets of the Newspapers and Magazines.
- Evaluate existing platforms used by the print publications in content; advertising, circulation, loyalty clubs, databases/subscriptions and management information to recommend solutions to improve customer experience; increase productivity and reduce technical debt.
- Ensure Central IT functions, e.g. security, accounting, networks and hardware/software used by employees to do their jobs, meets the needs of all stakeholders (including regulatory compliance), delivers to an agreed standard of performance and is highly efficient.
- To share and educate key stakeholders on latest understanding of new technologies and the opportunities they provide to improve quality and increase operating performance.
- To participate in technical due diligence on potential acquisitions.
- Maintain contact with key customers directly and through sales & customer care to understand their needs and levels of satisfaction with the products
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Deploy a deep understanding of the print publications, their associated paid for mobile apps and the activities that underpin them, from commerce to customer insight, to provide technology solutions that best help them achieve their goals.
- Work collaboratively with executive team members around the planning and overall management of the technology strategy.
- Provide visibility into the development roadmap, sprints, throughput, expected timelines, etc.
- Identify talent and build our technology team to support the businesses as needed.
- Develop and coach technology leaders.
- Demonstrate deep and strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
In return, my clients are offering a six-figure basic salary plus full benefits. If you feel your background and skills match the above requirements then please apply below, attaching your latest CV and explaining why you are such a good match.
Edison Hill Limited are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. Edison Hill Limited are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.