Senior Software Engineers (Frontend/Backend/Devops/Full Stack positions available)
My clients epitomise the phrase “Tech for Good”.
Founded in 2019, they have already received multimillion £ venture investment to help them achieve their “why”.
Put simply, their “why” is to help our NHS treat more people. Using Tech, they allow the NHS to predict when beds will be freed up by providing patients and clinicians with the transformative power of remote patient monitoring.
Their customers are the Hospitals, Community Services, NHS Commissioners that they partner with to deliver tech enabled virtual wards. Patients love their care journey and health services become more efficient; it’s a win-win. Unsurprisingly, both the number of trusts they work with and the number of patients they support are constantly growing, both in hospitals and at home, by monitoring patients remotely via IOT wearable medical devices.
They have a rapidly growing team with evolving needs and the applicants who join at this early stage will have a significant impact within the company. You would have the opportunity to work on the full stack, from DevOps to UX and everything in between..
• They practice hybrid working with offices in London and Sweden and a team across Europe
• You will be permitted to work remotely from anywhere in Europe for up to four weeks each year as long as you are not handling any client data from outside the UK
• Their people are highly valued, and always look to progress members of the team
• Fully remote, with a WeWork office in Hammersmith if you want
• Private health insurance
• Employee equity pool
• A monthly £70 Heka budget (Gusto boxes, massages, climbing lessons, yoga, gym memberships, etc.)
• Regular company social events, often includes a fun activity and dinner/drinks
• Always looking to add more benefits
Roles and Responsibilities
Frontend/Backend/Devops & Full Stack positions available
• Design, build, and maintain their flagship platform and associated services
• Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes on a rapidly growing team
• Work with other engineers to ship well-designed and architected product
• Responsible for the output of your small, fast-moving team
• Ensure clinical safety and compliance requirements are considered and met
• Collaborate with product owners, internal stakeholders, and customers to deliver the right user experience to our customers
• JVM languages (Kotlin, Clojure), Typescript, Functional programming, Microservices
• React, React Native, Java, Android & iOS native, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS/Azure
All applicants must have
• The ability to thrive in an environment founded on trust, autonomy and direct communication & feedback
• A passion for solving problems and taking responsibility from start to end
• A minimum of 5 years experience as a Software Engineer
• Experience working in a fast paced and iterative environment
Nice to have
• Healthcare experience
• Worked with the NHS
• Startup experience
• Worked in a heavily regulated industry, compliance experience
They are agile, entrepreneurial, interested in what people contribute rather than their status, and passionate about delighting clients with brilliant service.
They empower everyone to take ownership and responsibility for the company and their role within it. Whatever that role is, to thrive with them a can-do and action oriented attitude is essential. As is being a clear and open communicator who is receptive to feedback.
They value their people. So we always look to progress existing members of the team rather than hire from outside.
They have a generous employee equity pool that you can be part of. This means that as the company continues to grow you’ll have a share in its success.
If this unique, meaningful opportunity, not measured by a P&L spreadsheet, has perked your interest then please apply below and request a confidential chat with me to get a clearer understanding of the project and the truly global impact it will have.
Edison Hill Search are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. Edison Hill Search are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.