My clients are an established global Hardware & Software provider of innovative retail devices, and have been doing so for a number of years to a growing list of clients from across the globe.
Due to an internal promotion they require a talented contract Software Engineer to take the reins and help deliver their new flagship desktop product that will open new markets and revenue streams into the business.
Working as part of a small development team, you will be fully proficient with C# and Java, while being able to see the bigger picture with the application you are creating. This is a key role in the development of innovative front and back-end software solutions used by internal and external customers.
You will have the possibility to lead technical projects and influence technical directions.
As well as being part of the software engineering team you will work closely with mechanical and electro mechanical engineers on the development of new and existing products, and manufacturing teams to ensure best quality of product and service is received by customers.
You will be expected to:
- Develop high quality software products.
- Deliver solutions that meet the needs of demanding customers.
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams and independently on individual projects
- Work well under pressure when deadlines are tight.
- Produce clear and concise documentation.
- Create clean and simple solutions to complex problems.
- Maintain source control repositories.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers.
- Advocate for best practices
- Support the software test team investigating and fixing issues.
- Drive projects through to completion
- Fully conversant with C# and Java
- Working knowledge of Git
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Upbeat and friendly attitude
- Experience developing solutions for Windows and Linux OS platforms.
- Knowledge of Relative and NoSQL databases such as MySQL and MongoDB
- Genuine passion for developing great software solutions.
- Can do attitude where every challenge is an opportunity for growth and success.
- Ability to work outside of a comfort zone.
- Exposure to Xamarin forms iOS and Android
- Exposure to Ruby and Python
- Exposure to Restful APIs and micro-services
- Exposure to embedded systems
Please note, you will be required to work onsite in Sussex from Monday to Thursday. Please only apply if you are able to work onsite on these days.
3 month renewable contract.
To apply click the button below, include your CV and any evidence you have of your superb C# & Java coding skills.
Edison Hill Search are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. Edison Hill Limited are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds. Please apply below at your earliest convenience.