My clients are creating a global Microservices platform. With recent investment of several hundred million £, they are led by a leadership team with a proven track record of taking technology-based solutions directly from conception through to major corporations, which are either floated or acquired in deals that typically make “headline news”.
They are adopting the latest and greatest technologies to bring their Microserviced architecture platform & product on leaps and bounds into the next phase of its development. To achieve this, they have engaged Edison Hill to locate the services of their VP of Engineering.
● Lead the vision, strategy, culture for our software product engineering function
● Identify, own and manage the risks related to software engineering across the product and solution portfolio
● Be accountable for the delivery of multiple, concurrent, product deliveries
● Evolve and optimise our lean engineering practices to realise maximum value from the investment in engineering resources
● Develop our talent pool of on-and-offshore engineers (inc third-parties) into a world-class platform engineering team, supporting a global tech business
● Align our engineering squads and pods to the key business / product outcomes creating a flexible resource structure to be able to respond to the needs of our rapidly growing business
● Collaborate and influence peers across product management, data and platform engineering and also within the business development and account management teams
● Be a spokesperson and figurehead for the engineering and platform teams, collaborating across the business, delivering the best-in-class solutions for our partners
● Be a thought leader able to make bold changes, generate new ideas and able to make good ROI decisions in support of the client's business strategy.
● Represent the engineering team in cross-organisational forums regarding technical, product and incident topics.
● A leader of technical engineering teams, with: ○ c. 12 years of experience in software development with 8+ years in a leadership position and at least 3 years managing a team of 50 or more as a second-line manager ○ the ability to drive forward cross organisational initiatives in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment. ○ Experience of working with developing near-and-offshore development teams ○ Experience of product engineering vs solution development
● Commercially aware: ○ Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and to thrive under pressure ○ General budgeting, resource allocation, planning and governance
● Reporting to the CTO/CPO you will drive the delivery of high quality technical solutions
● You will partner with your peers: the Head of Product, Head of Data and Head of Cloud Infrastructure to coordinate the delivery of client projects.
● Your team will closely collaborate with Product Owners to that the product-solution gaps are minimised and the product roadmaps support our clients needs.
My client wants its team to enjoy coming to work and promotes an environment that is collaborative, creative, passionate, professional and happy.
As well an excellent career opportunity, great working environment in fantastic offices, first class basic salary, a range of full benefits (pension, healthcare, travel, dental & life insurance) you'd expect at this level of appointment, this role offers potentially life-changing equity in the business in the form of physical shares.
To schedule an initial confidential chat please apply to this advert below, including your CV with any examples of your teams’ successes to date.
Edison Hill Limited are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. Edison Hill Limited are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.